12826847

I had an ASDA storecard originally operated with GEC credit,

Customer Question

I had an ASDA storecard originally operated with GEC credit, with whom I had no problem.
Then it was taken over by Santander and either they or ASDA decided to close the facility from January this year. Due to an oversight I underpaid the January bill by a few pence, and found that my wife had used her card in the few days between the January statement date and the closure date. There was an interest charge of over £3 for the few pence (about 80) underpaid. I phoned to complain about the massive interest rate as at no point had I failed to pay the minimum amount. They agreed to credit my account the interest in full and I paid the remaining balance a full fortnight before the due date. I was told the account was satisfactorily closed. I accepted this, and, in my own mind waived the cost of the 085 number phonecall. Today I received another bill charging me 0.71p interest on a balance that should be £0.00. I tried phoning and was told I was in a queue that would take at least 5 minutes. How can I stop the account, and these ridiculous bills and recoup the cost of my phone calls
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is***** will do whatever I can to help you today.
To confirm this is all over 71p?