12826847

i have split from my girlfriend who has lived with me for 2.5

Customer Question

i have split from my girlfriend who has lived with me for 2.5 years then 6 month split then further 1.5 years. We have not been a couple for 1.5 years. She will not leave without me paying her £4000. She has never paid a bill. The house is mine.

If you are not married and you do not have children then you owe her nothing at all.

Unless she has contributed to the mortgage or made substantial improvements to the house she no claim against it.

You can ask her to leave at any time.

She has no right to demand £4000 or any other sum. If she believes you owe her money then she can claim at the small claims court like everybody else.

Hope this helps.

The not things shelf add is that you need to give her 28 days notice of a request to leave to avoid an occupation order but you would get her out in the end