UK-Justice
UK-Justice, Barrister
Experience:  Called to the Bar in 2007
41133288

If you were present at public meeting consisting of committee

Customer Question

If you were present at public meeting consisting of committee of 14 which you are secretary and were told by a male person from another company that "afterall you are no shrinking violet" I this wrong of this person to speak to me like that.
The committee of 14 were very annoyed about thi and said it was humiliating to their secretary
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name is Nic I will do whatever I can to help you today.

What is it you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I want to know if this person was wrong to say this to me at public meeting

Yes.

Its wrong.

But if you were to issue proceedings then because of the nature of it, it would have to be in the High Court and jury trial.

The cost of this would be about £10,000 and if you lost you would have to pay the legal fees of the other side.

As such this is why normally only rich and famous people issue proceedings.

So legal proceedings would be expensive.

This is why you should ask for an apology or even get a Solicitor to write a letter.

I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can do to help you today please let me know.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.