Customer Question

i was given legal occupation for a commercial property with a rent free period of two years, the rent free was on condition that we update the property which we have and now after all that the landlord has wrote to us saying that we need the property to be vacated as we are trespassing and does not accept out occupation.

what can we do, its so expensive to employ a solicitor, they are asking for a arm a leg to take it up.

is there anything i can do to stop the landlord by going to court and what steps i should take against the landlord for breach of trust and for misleading us. we feel that we were used by the landlord.

we have never been in this positio before and dont know what to do
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your question, my name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to help you today.

What is the cost of your update?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Have you had your 2 years?

Did you have a further agreed fixed period or just 2 years?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

started from sep 2012 and we havent even served one year let alone two and the landlord basically made us fool, he made us pay to upgrade the property and giving us false hope a secure tenancy now he wants to sell it and wants us to get out. but he claims to know even know us anymore. he thinks we are trespassing and will have baillifs and police to vacate in the next few days

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry are you there

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.