13262538

Dear Sir/Madam, I am looking for help on behalf of my friend.

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam, I am looking for help on behalf of my friend. Her Dad left her mother when she was pregnant with my friend and now my friend wants to make contact with her Dad. We have his full name and address but we don't know where to go from here, i don't think we can contact him out of the blue - can you help?
Hannah
How old is your friend and do you mean that you do not know how to approach this - or that you are concerned that legally you should not do so
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire

My friend is 44, I'm not sure how i should approach this, I don't think it's right for me to write to him out of the blue. He has set up a new family and his wife/children may not know about his past. Is there a company i can contact, should i write to him directly or is this frowned upon?

Hannah

Hi There is no legal reason why you should not write directly to this man. It is very discreet and responsible of you to have concerns about the way forward. I suggest that you contact the Salvation Army Missing Persons unit may be able to assist Claire

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you Claire, however I don't think the Salvation Army Missing Persons can help as he isn't missing. We know where he lives, do you know of a company that can act as a go between?

Hannah

They are also expert in making the first approaches in such circumstances and can give you advice on the wording.
If you do not wish to make the approach yourself you could contact an Independent Social Worker who could handle it for you
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help

Hannah

You are welcome - I hope it goes well
Claire