29905560

have been summoned to a NHS "counseling" interview over sicknes

Customer Question

have been summoned to a NHS "counseling" interview over sicknes record and have been told that it is an informal interview then later in the letter that is a formal interview. I have been told that I can have a person with me but not in a legal capacity. Is this legal? I feel that the reason that I was of sick with a chest infection was that I was made to stay in the back of an ambulance for up to three hours with a few patients with chest infections whilst waiting to discharge the patient to the A&e units. The trust at no time tried to minimise my exposure to the infection.
Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. I'm afraid that the law does not allow you to have legal representation in these ircumstances. In fact if this is not a formal disciplinary hearing the employer does not even have to allow you to have anyone else with you. Your legal right is to have a colleague or a trade union representative in a formal disciplinary and that is really as far as it goes. So the employer has done nothing unlawful by refusing legal representation.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you