I am only going by what the person i spoke to said that in veiw of the ongoing claim they might refuse renewal. I he said i ought to look else where. He said i would have to wait for the underwriters anwser. In veiw of the fact that the renewal date is the 6th April it is not going to leave me much time to sort out new buildings insurance . This is also part of a block insurance policy i have with them
IS IT A MATTER OF JUST WAITING FOR THEIR REPLY. IT IS JUST THAT THE RENEWAL DATE IS SO CLOSE AND I HAVE 14 PROPERTIES WITHIN THE BLOCK POLICY.
AM I JUST WORRIED THAT I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET INSURANCE ON MY ROPERTIES IF THEY REFUSE RENEWAL
Thanks. They can refuse to refuse renewal or or insure from outset without cause or reason or telling you why. They can however, NOT refuse to deal with claims already notified or claims arising during the insured period even if they come to light later.
I appreciate that this is not what you wanted to hear,but there is no point in me misleading you.
Please bear with me today and over any weekends becauseI will be online and off-line.Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was notwhat you wanted to hear) and I will follow up any further points you raise forfree.If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. Itdoesn't give me "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is mylivelihood!If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little,please ask me for further info before rating me negatively otherwise I don'tget paid at all for my time and answer. The thread remains open for us to continue this exchange
many thanks for your advice
Glad to help.
I was in insurance for 20 years before law so know the answer off the top of my very bald head. Regards