How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 31300
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Me and my brother brought a car and we pay for it through a

Customer Question

Me and my brother brought a car and we pay for it through a joint bank account and he has stopped me from using it and still the money gets taken from the account can I take him to court and what are my chances
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well we are in business together which is stopping at the start of April but we are both still going to work for the same company but on our own from then and for him to stop me from using the car is a step to far and I am fed up and want to make him pay but to do it in the right channals
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

If this is a corporate issue then thats not really my area but I will pass this onto somebody who can help for you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

How much is your share of the care worth?

On the finance document for the car are you both jointly liable for it?

Kind regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes we are both liable and we pay for it out off a joint account
Expert:  Alex J. replied 4 years ago.

Thank you.

If he is denying you use of the car I would suggest you first write to him and ask him that if he is not going to allow you access to it he makes you an offer to purchase it.

How much do you think your share is worth?

Kind regards


Related Law Questions