12826847

My wife purchased a designer wedding dress from a High Street

Customer Question

My wife purchased a designer wedding dress from a High Street Bridal Shop.
When the dress arrived, it was the wrong colour, not as ordered. My wife was asked to pay for the dress nonetheless but never took posession of it. This happenned 2 weeks before our wedding day.
On subsequent investigation, we found that the designer had never had dealing with or supplied such a dress to the shop in question. The dress was a fake that had been made incorrectly.
As a result my wife suffered extreme emotional distress in the run up to the wedding and we would like to sie the company for the cost of our wedding. We would also like to reclaim the money paid for the dress which was not as ordered and indeed we never took possession of.
What are the grounds, if any to do this?
What is a realistic amount we could sue for?
Obviously there is a lot more information, however, I just wanted to get an idea of where we stood.
What is your total loss?