Hi. It came through the 1st time.
The name on the doc looks like Mauher. No worries. Just curious
This is one of those cases where, if they pushed it, I would tell them to
issue proceedings and don't mess around troubling me any more because I will
defend them and let the judge decide.
Had there been a protracted period between when you let them have the agreement
and now and they had done work, then (apart from the fact that you told them
not to go ahead until they got the cheque) I think they would be entitled to be
paid. Regardless of the date not being on the agreement. The date to provide
certainty. At the moment it is uncertain and therefore it would be for the
court to decide.
However, not sending them a cheque and not giving them instructions to proceed
is consistent with you not having made your mind up.
If their normal procedure which they told you is that they will not do
anything until they have the retainer fee (quite normal for business transfer)
then I don't think you owe them anything.
Can I help further?
Please bear with me today and over any weekends because I will be online
Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not
what you wanted to hear) and I will follow up any further points you raise for
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0
for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. It
doesn't give me "a pat on the head", "good boy" (like ebay), it is my
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please
ask me for further info before rating me negatively otherwise I don't get paid
at all for my time and answer.
The thread remains open for us to continue this exchange