12826847

Sky Subscribers Services Ltd have referred a debt owed by me

Customer Question

Hi, Sky Subscribers Services Ltd have referred a debt owed by me to a Debt Collection Agency (Wescot). I have ignored their calls (Wescot) to me which began on Monday. However I am wondering if I should pay the outstanding balance and then attempt to get it back via the Small Claims Court. The sum is £96.92 plus Debt collection fees (I'm guessing). The issue is over a free six month Sky viewing offer which I took up in June 2012. There was an issue however over being tied to a Sky contract for a year after the offer ended which I told them at the beginning I did not want. They said everything was fine, then after the offer started, sent me a letter stating I would be taking Sky for a further 12 months after the offer ended. I wrote a letter and contacted them by phone stating my upset at this. They never gave me a satisfactory reply to this and the offer continued. I cancelled the Direct Debit I had with them for fear they would start taking payments. In November 2012, I contacted them giving my one months notice of intention to cancel the subscription. They informed me there was a charge of £1.58 for 'Admin Fees'. I paid this and expected the Sky Box to be switched off before the end of December. It wasn't and I contacted them only to be told that because I had cancelled the Direct Debit, I would have to give another 31 days notice. I told them that this had not been explained to me before and that I was disgusted by their mean spirited actions as I had previously been a long serving customer. Nothing was done and then I received outstanding balance statements, culminating in the threat of debt collection which was sent last week. Please advise, many thanks in advance. Yours sincerely ***** *****

Why do you want to pay it?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't but I'm concerned about the Debt collection agency.

For what reason specifically?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you not just let me know where I stand in this matter.

but I really need to know what your specific question is?
What are you worried about debt collection doing?