Customer Question

Hi, Sky Subscribers Services Ltd have referred a debt owed by me to a Debt Collection Agency (Wescot). I have ignored their calls (Wescot) to me which began on Monday. However I am wondering if I should pay the outstanding balance and then attempt to get it back via the Small Claims Court. The sum is £96.92 plus Debt collection fees (I'm guessing). The issue is over a free six month Sky viewing offer which I took up in June 2012. There was an issue however over being tied to a Sky contract for a year after the offer ended which I told them at the beginning I did not want. They said everything was fine, then after the offer started, sent me a letter stating I would be taking Sky for a further 12 months after the offer ended. I wrote a letter and contacted them by phone stating my upset at this. They never gave me a satisfactory reply to this and the offer continued. I cancelled the Direct Debit I had with them for fear they would start taking payments. In November 2012, I contacted them giving my one months notice of intention to cancel the subscription. They informed me there was a charge of £1.58 for 'Admin Fees'. I paid this and expected the Sky Box to be switched off before the end of December. It wasn't and I contacted them only to be told that because I had cancelled the Direct Debit, I would have to give another 31 days notice. I told them that this had not been explained to me before and that I was disgusted by their mean spirited actions as I had previously been a long serving customer. Nothing was done and then I received outstanding balance statements, culminating in the threat of debt collection which was sent last week. Please advise, many thanks in advance. Yours sincerely XXXXX XXXXX

Why do you want to pay it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't but I'm concerned about the Debt collection agency.

For what reason specifically?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you not just let me know where I stand in this matter.

Yes, but I really need to know what your specific question is?

What are you worried about debt collection doing?