29905560

My husband was employed full time until last november when

Customer Question

My husband was employed full time until last november when his hours was reduced to one week of work and two weeks off, this continued until christmas where it was changed again to one week on then one week off. He told them he was unhappy and needed full time hours which was met with no response, A problem then arose when they then empolyed their son to do the same job as my husband giving him full time hours, another issue came about when the lorry he needed for work was off the road for maintenance purposes during the week he was meant to be working and they have refused to pay him for those days even though it was not his fault. He has continually asked for his redundancy as they are unable to provide him with the work, he was told back in november the working conditions would only last until the end of february this then changed unil the end of march and now he has been told the end of april, can you advise us on what his rights are.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know how long has he worked there for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He is with them 9 years past in january

If he was laid off work or placed on short term working, then he would have been able to consider claiming redundancy from his employer, however he will be too late to do that now as there are strict time limits. Any claim should have been made within 4 weeks of the initial lay off and if that happened last year then obviously it is too late to go down that route now.

All that is realistically available to him now is to resign and claim constructive, arguing breach of contract on the employer's side. Not the easiest of claims to win but it is his main right in this particular situation.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does this time limit still apply even though he has been asking for redundancy since november but they wouldnt agree!

Yes it does - it is the time limit when the full process should have started. You can get full details here:

https://www.gov.uk/lay-offs-short-timeworking/applying-for-redundancy-