12826847

placed my car in the hands of local car dealer to sell for

Customer Question

placed my car in the hands of local car dealer to sell for me Oct.12.I believe he sold the car arround Jan 13.Has been making excusses since as to why he has not paid me the £6,ooo agreed.i understand the ammount is too large to go the small claims court & cant afford the cost to go to county court. Please advise
How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972
NO ACCESS TO SUPPLIED E MAIL ADDRESS 'TILL MON NEXT . POSS. TO ADVISE HERE ?

I'm not sure what you mean?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
JOMO1972 Please advise how i can recover money owed without risking loosing more money proceeding with county court action.

There are no real risk free options I'm afraid.

Ultimately you either sue or you write this money off.

You can send him a letter before action giving him 28 days to pay which might succeed but there are no guarantees.

If he does not then your only option is to sue. You can issue here

www.moneyclaim.gov.uk

Its a sum that exceeds just the small claims court arena so costs may be an issue unless the other side consent to it being heard at the small claims court.

On the other hand though, the issue of costs may be a bargaining chip to get him to settle as he will be liable for your costs and he will not want to pay.

Hope this helps.