12826847

Can the free holder build an extension on ground that is outlined

Customer Question

Can the free holder build an extension on ground that is outlined on a lease to me?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have a lease in a house which is made up of two flats which I've owned for 15 years.The other flat was sold 10 years ago with the freehold now they are the freeholders. They have demolished a part of the property which was allocated to me in the lease as an area for my boiler. I've had to move the boiler into a new area. They now have built a new kitchen extension in this area. I hope this makes sense?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

They cannot do that on these facts unless you agree.

So have they already done it? What would you like to do about this?

When was it? Can we have full details please? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the property let out and it all happened without my consent . It was the property featured on cowboy builders on channel 5 last nite. I know your probably thinking this just gets better! I did make my feelings known to the planners at the council and to the builders from the tv program but I seemed to be powerless to stop it. The planers said it was not a planning issue and the builders told me to take it up with the planer! I was going around in circles and the job just carried on regardless. I was scrambling to get copies of the lease ect. Don't know what to do now. Please advise!
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I'm afraid that the program means nothing to me. I do need the full
background, please. When was this done? Has it been completed? What exactly
have they done? What has planning got to do with it?

I need full details of what happened please. Thanks. I am on and ofline all weekend