12826847

I was on unemployment benefit and my housing allowance was

Customer Question

I was on unemployment benefit and my housing allowance was being paid directly to my landlord . I recieved a notification that DWP had changed my claim to pension credits . Two months later I was notified by my landlord that I was two months behind in my rent payments and was instructed to bring my account up to date . After checcking my finances I found that my rent had been paid into my bank account instead of my landlords . I changed my payments to my landlords account immediately After speaking with the council I was told that they would not be liable for any patments that had already been paid , even though they had paid it into the wrong account. Now I am in debt to my landlord and having great difficulty meeting my monthly repayments to clear the debt . do I have any legal standing as to claiming the debt from DWP ?

What happened to the money that was paid to you instead of the landlord?