12826847

My ex husband bought me a horse as a gift. He expressly stated

Customer Question

My ex husband bought me a horse as a gift. He expressly stated that the livery and upkeep of the horse was part of the gift (as I could not have afforded this at that time). During our divorce he stopped paying the livery for 2 months but has paid it ever since (for the last 7 years). He has now stopped paying it for good. The horse is very expensive to keep as he has a genetic problem with one of his legs and needs regular treatment and specialist shoeing. My ex husband will not let me return the horse to him and I now have to pick up huge fees that I can neither afford nor would have accepted when he gave the horse to me originally. Can I make a claim in the small claims court?
How much are you claiming?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am aware of the current and revised limits of claims in uk courts but I don't want to litigate so this is a low cost remedy. I know the revised limit in april 2013 will be 10k but can a judge in small claims also order that he honours the contract an ongoing basis?

What contract are you referring to?
Was this dealt with in the Divorce proceedings?
Claire