i bought a car from carcraft 2 weeks ago. first off, i felt

Customer Question

i bought a car from carcraft 2 weeks ago. first off, i felt bullied and pressured into buying a car that i didn't really want. i only went in there to see how much my car was worth as a part exchange. they kept asking and asking how much i could afford. i said up to £200 a month, they said how about £220, which rose to £270 after apr was added. they then misold me a 5 year guarentee for £50 a month, taing the total monthly payments to £320 a month! they have a 7 day exchange policy. i went in on the 7th day and said i cannot afford this car and want to exchange or reduce the payments. i was told to go back in the following monday as their finance department was not open on weekends (despite the fact that i bought the car and obtained the finance on a saturday). I went in on the monday and the manager said he would reduce the payments for me but coudn't do anything that day. he said he would call me the next day. he didn't. i waited until thursday then called and was advised (not by the manager - he was 'busy') that he was waiting for a document and would call me when it arrives. the finance agreement states i have 14 days to cancel the agreement. on saturday i called the finance companies (there are 2, for reasons i do not know) - one was closed and one refused to cancel. i called carcraft and asked them to accept the car back, as i had not had a reduction in payments as requested within their own policy. carcraft refused to take the car back - telling me if i cancelled the agreement and took the car back i would still have to pay for the car. i practically begged for him to accept the car back as i have read online that in other cases, it has been to the managers discretion whether they accept a purchase cancellation or not. he refused and told me he would reduce the payments to £186ish(!) a month if i waited a couple more days. my 14 days in which to cancel the finance agreement has now passed, although i exercised my right to cancel within the 14 days and was refused. i believe i have a legal case against carcraft - they have not exchanged the car and i believe they have delayed everything so i cannot cancel the finance and therefore will have to pay the £320 a month which i cannot afford. i was not given the final figure, but a break down of each figure and it was not until i added them together later that i was shocked at how much they had conned me into spending. i will end up paying £18,000 for a car worth £4,000. i believe i was pressured into making the purchase and i believe i have grounds to back up this, with a current diagnosis of reactive depression and a history of panic attacks. if need be, i can go into my mental health history in greater depth. i have witnesses to the phonecalls i have made to carcraft and the finance company. i can go into more depth but would like to know if you think i have a leg to stand on basically! thank you for you time.
Was there an unconditional cooling off period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no they do not have a cooling off period. they only have a 7 day exchange policy. I bought the car on 9th March and went in on 16th March to exchange. They agreed to reduce the payments but that has still not happened.

The finance company have a 14 day cancellation time frame, which has now passed. I phoned them on 23rd March and was refused cancellation, stating that only carcraft can cancel the finance if they accept a purchase cancellation, or if I can obtain a different means of payment, which I can not now do because this finance has obviously affected my credit file/rating.

Was this deal done over distance?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't understand what you mean? I went into the showroom, a 15 minute drive from my house. I've been back into the show room 2 times since buying the car and made several phonecalls.
I'm sorry for the delay. For some reason I'm having connection issues today.

Was the specific car available for your inspection though at the time that you went into the store?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was.

The 7 day exchange policy, is that written into the contract? What is the exact wording?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi i'm sorry it's taken a while for me to reply, i have been unwell and am now away for a couple of days and do not have the paperwork with me.

Ok. no rush.

Come back when you like.