13262538

I have had a lot of harassment from my ex husband and have

Customer Question

I have had a lot of harassment from my ex husband and have moved to a new area with our son. Do I legally have to tell him my home address? I have organised pick up and drop offs at my friends, so that he still has access and he will be able to go to Max's school for details of his education etc.
Have you ever had to report the harassment to the police?
How often has he created problems at your home?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There were 2 years of very clever bullying by way of continuous phone calls and threats, turning up at my place of work and sitting outside, coming around to cause trouble with my partner and sending a friend of his around to beat him up (which didn't actually happen), then this New Year's Day sitting his girlfriend outside my previous living room window in their car while he called in on one of my friends as a pretence just to intimidate me. The police said they know that he causes us problems but until he does it continually over a concentrated amount of time, they can't do anything... even though they know that he has been harassing me. I am not trying to stop contact for him and our son, just live in peace, without him coming to my new home.

How old is your son and just for confirmation the police do have details of these incidents?
Do you have a Residence Order for your son?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My son is 8 years old (9 in May). Most of the incidents were logged with the police, but I don't know how long they keep them on their system.

It was agreed during our Divorce that Max would live with me... his father had not lived in the Marital home since Max was 4 years old due to him working/living abroad and then due to our separation September 2010, with divorce being granted on 9th April 2011.

The fact that there is a record of the harassment (do not worry it will have been recorded) make sit more likely that the court would see your actions as reasonable
being realistic however it is likely that he will find you - so be ready to report any further harassment to the police
Claire