12826847

My husband has a kebab van which we are unable to keep in our

Customer Question

My husband has a kebab van which we are unable to keep in our car park the spaces are to small. We cant park it outside our house as the road is narrow & we live on a bend. So we are parking it on the road which leads into ours which is wider it is not interfering with anyones driveway but someone has taken offense to it & this evening has gone & illegally parked his car in my husbands licensed food premises spot which is on an access road, i have informed the police but want to know if the person concerned is actually within his rights to object to where we are parking.

I this public road?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ForJOMO1972

Hi, yes the road that we park the van in overnight is a public road. There are no yellow lines, no white lines restricting parking, no signposts restricting parking & no parking permit signs.

I wouldn't worry about this.

He has no right to object.

If this is public road then you are free to park anywhere that does not either have prohibitions or cause an obstruction.

There are no special rules for kebab vans. The same rules apply as to every other vehicle.

Hope this helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay thank you for that I just wanted to make sure, I am going to take it further withe the police if he persists in making trouble for us.

No problem.
All the best.
Please remember to rate my answer.