13262538

My daughters partner of 20 months died the other morning. They

Customer Question

My daughters partner of 20 months died the other morning. They were engaged but both had their own flats. Neil worked for a council for about 20years so there there are so there are substantial funds to come from there, say 100k. He has 2 children. Where does my daughter stand please?
Was your daughter in any way financially dependent on her partner?
Did he leave a Will?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is no will as yet, Jackie has two boys which Neil took under his wings but there were no fixed financial arrangements but they shared the running costs of cars and day to day expenses. They had their own flats where they paid their own rent etc.

I am afraid that since they were not living together and there is no Will the Intestacy Rules apply - and it is his children who will inherit his estate and will have to deal with the estate.
Sadly your daughter has no rights at all an dis reliant on the good will of his children to be kept involved
Caire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have I used up all my money/credit? I want to know if a none blood relative or partner was named as "Next of Kin" do they benefit from the policy

If someone has been nominated to receive the benefit of a Policy yes - if it is a pension policy then also yes BUT with some pensions the Trustees of the Pension have the right to vary this if they consider it appropriate to do so
Claire