12826847

how do I check if my specialist (gynaecologist) doctor has

Customer Question

how do I check if my specialist (gynaecologist)
doctor has had any malpractice claims against him in london, uk. He is operating out of a private hospital and I am due to have a procedure tomorrow afternoon.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the US and Australia you can easily do a professional check of your doctors before engaging their services or having surgery.

I had a miscarriage but need to go in for a D&C and just want to get a professional check of the doctor. I was referred to him by a receptionist at the hospital simply because he was available on the day I came in. I do not know his medical background other than yes he is registered on the GMC register as having a licence to practice.

There's no way of doing that in the UK.

I suppose you could check whether he has any actual CCJs here

http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

and you could contact the GMC about him to see if any complaints have been made.

We don't generally make that type of information public in the Uk.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Patients have a right to have full transparency over the doctor they choose for surgery in particular or to deliver a child. You would choose a builder the same way for renovations to your house and this is far more important. I understand there are grey areas in fault for medical complaints but it should be up to end user, the patient to name that judgement, not just protecting doctors reputations. There should be s straightforward way to check. Trust online rely on adress and he practices at several hospitals so it will be quite a process check all.
Anyway i willtet in the morning as you suggest.
Thank you for your help.
Ok.

Best of luck then.