How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Jo C. Your Own Question

Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 70105
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

how do I check if my specialist (gynaecologist) doctor has

Customer Question

how do I check if my specialist (gynaecologist)
doctor has had any malpractice claims against him in london, uk. He is operating out of a private hospital and I am due to have a procedure tomorrow afternoon.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the US and Australia you can easily do a professional check of your doctors before engaging their services or having surgery.

I had a miscarriage but need to go in for a D&C and just want to get a professional check of the doctor. I was referred to him by a receptionist at the hospital simply because he was available on the day I came in. I do not know his medical background other than yes he is registered on the GMC register as having a licence to practice.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.
There's no way of doing that in the UK.

I suppose you could check whether he has any actual CCJs here

and you could contact the GMC about him to see if any complaints have been made.

We don't generally make that type of information public in the Uk.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Patients have a right to have full transparency over the doctor they choose for surgery in particular or to deliver a child. You would choose a builder the same way for renovations to your house and this is far more important. I understand there are grey areas in fault for medical complaints but it should be up to end user, the patient to name that judgement, not just protecting doctors reputations. There should be s straightforward way to check. Trust online rely on adress and he practices at several hospitals so it will be quite a process check all.
Anyway i willtet in the morning as you suggest.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 4 years ago.

Best of luck then.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice