12826847

My wife has enrolled for a college course but after 3 months

Customer Question

My wife has enrolled for a college course but after 3 months found that the quality of teaching is not good and wants to withdraw. (She complained several times about this and has evidence for this claim.) The college says if she leaves she must pay the remaining £1000 for the course. Are they correct or can she just stop the standing order and move to another college without fear of being sued.

I am sorry but she cannot just cancel lawfully in the middle of a course. They have made a pace available to her and she is liable to pay

If you are saying that they have failed to deliver on a promise they made then there might an argument that there was a misrepresentation and so a reclaim.

Also, if the teaching standard is literally diabolical then there may be an argument that they have fallen so far below the level of skill required that she is released for the contract.

But these ad high tests and you need to be aware of that.

It would not be right to say that she could have no fear of being sued I'm afraid. She may win at trial but she could be sued.

I'm very sorry