13262538

My sons ex-wife laid a claim of Domestic Violence with

My son's ex-wife laid a claim of 'Domestic Violence' with Social Services against my son in January 2013. The first my son knew about it was when Social Services rang him yesterday to tell him about the claim and that they been investigating it since January and come to the conclusion that there was grounds for the charge. During that time they apparently asked his children and the children of his now partner.
They have told him the case is closed.
What should he do about this?
Thank you for your query.
How old are your grandchildren and does your son have contact with them?
Can I assume that social services found that there were NO grounds for the complaint?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The children are 6 and 10 years old and Social Security told him by telephone that they had found no grounds for the complaint.

Is he having contact with the children?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the divorce court gave him approx 40% of their time.

His ex wife is trying to stop his daughter seeing him.

Then your son need take no action at all in respect of what Social Services have concluded was a malicious and unfounded complaint.
The fact that his ex made it will count against her and not him
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I would like to know whether we have any resort to law as in bringing a Defamation case. If we don't make a stand she will continue this harassment in order to stop him or us seeing his daughter again.

John

No I am afraid making such a report to Social Services does not amount to Defamation even if you had the thousands of pounds available to make such a claim
In fact as his ex will discover making unsubstantiated and malicious reports to social services will in fact go against her in court rather than assist her
Claire