Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

how do I find a credible private detective and does he/she

how do I find a credible private detective and does he/she need to be local to the person i want watching?
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

Exactly what type of work do you need carried out?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i wish them to watch someone who is off work claiming sick and is not sick. I expect them to find regular gym visits and working as a gardener whilst still being paid sick by his office job.

OK.

The Association of British Investigators is recognised and accredited.

You will be able to find an accredited investigator with whom you can discuss fees.

http://www.theabi.org.uk/

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is it better to look for an agent that is based nearest to the person i wish investigating to reduce fees or is that something i should be asking them, rather than you?

Yes. But in reality if the PI is going to be travelling around a bit it probably won't make a huge difference to the overall cost. Your best option is to agree a daily rate including expenses. Costs will vary depending on the work to be done. In my experience the daily rate will probably start around £250.