13262538

I have been dating a separated man (who is legally still

Customer Question

I have been dating a separated man (who is legally still married) for a months, knowing that he was in the process of filing for divorce. However, his current wife who he is trying to divorce hired a private detective and today told him that she knows about our relationship. I understand that she hired a private detective but I do not understand how he/she could have obtained my name. I do have a car, but I was under the impression that you cannot obtain someone's address from their car plate (obviously higher authorities can, but not self-employed private detectives).
It was unlikely I was followed home, and if I was followed home, still unlikely that my name could have been obtained through finding out my address.
Please can you advise me which information private detectives use to find out somebody's real name, from thin air?
thank you
Thank you for your query.
Skilled Private Investigators have always been able to trace people - using the Electoral Roll and other methods - including fake surveys of neighbours and generally just asking questions - phone surveys etc etc
In these days of internet and social networking it is easier than ever to trace people - we are all less than careful about what goes on line and there is relatively cheap face recognition software available.
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, is it possible to trace a person from their car plate? I believe this is the only information they had. Thanks
Yes indeed it can be done - which is how private parking firms find us
Claire