12826847

NA-208

Customer Question

I am an ex-director and a 10% shareholder of a company that has had an Early Motion in parliament set against it and a Facebook slandering the company plus today a newspaper has written a biased report.

I have waited for the MD to sort this out for a few months with a solicitor he has commissioned who in my opinion has made bad decisions.

Should I be suing someone as I have had sleepless nights over this?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Who do you think you should sue?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The people that have started the facebook page, the newspaper and the MPs

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
We need full background please. thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Festivalforstars (Talentsearchuk) is the company.

Facebook page is Festival For Stars - The Unrewarded.

Early Day Motion 1246

www.eveningtimes.co.uk is the newspaper.

All allegations are false as the MD assures me the prizes have been sorted and the parents who have set up the facebook campaign are one or two of them that have rejected the prizes.

The original company ran for 10 years under Judy Brunton (Festival4stars) who got into financial difficulty and approached John Hargreaves for some money. Hence a new company (UKFestival4stars). They promised prizes up to £100,000 but it soon became apparent this was unrealisitc so Judy jumped ship in July and left John on his own. John didn't know anything about the competition industry so he brought in a managment company under Nick Pamment. A new company was formed in Sept 2012 of which I was a Director. I was the dance director who helped make sure there was a final. Nick announced prizes at the finals and he has been slow in delivering them as we only had the funds raised from ticket sales to help pay for them.

Because the parents didn't receive or like these new prizes they set up the facebook campaign.

These are the briefs I can go into more details if you wish?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Are you in Scotland?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I live in West Yorkshire

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
OK Thanks. It is just that it is a Scottish newspaper. I need full background to who has done what please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Judy Brunton was the original owner and had finance difficulties.

In Dec 2011 she approached John Hargreaves to pay off her £20K debt and take on a new company to help the competition go forward.

John was told there would be 20,000 entries so he declared a prize fund of £100,000. Judy declared herself as Operations Manager for this new company and in paper work she declared herself as the director. (All of which she disputes and said she was only a consultant)

The entry figures were not true and only 2,500 entires were actually received. Judy decided to resign in July 2012 when all the heats and regional finals had taken place and it became apparent the prize fund was not going to be reached.

John panicked as he knew he would not get his investment back and put in a management team (July 2012) of Nick Pamment and 3 others. These guys had to run the last regional final and the two overall finals in return would be allowed to form a new company to run 2013 events and beyond. Also John had approx £30K (I believe £20K from EA Games) paid to him for his initial investment and for the new management to form a new company.

Judy started a campaign to slate the management of the competiton and in Sept 2012 I was asked to join the new management company and formed festivalforstars (talentsearchuk) ltd. The new company had therefore no debts (apart from paying John £10K and a bank balance of zero.

My backgorund was I had for a few years enter the competition with my dance company and in 2011 after informing Judy she needs to change the rules invited me to become a Regional Manager (title only - not employed) to help run three regions for the 2013 season. My term ended in June when the heats and regional finals had finished (At this time I had not been paid for running the last 2 regional finals. In payment I was given 10% shares in this new company and a directorship)

The new company ran the finals under the MD of Nick Pamment. I asked on a number of occasions where the prizes would come from and he said he would be sorting it. During the finals when the presentations of the prizes were announced was the first time I had heard what the prizes Nick Pamment had arranged.

Unfortunately Judy was a bit upset that the finals went ahead and helped form a Facebook page called Dance Solutions. Many parents still had a snipe at the new company but nothing damaging.

FFS made a profit in Pontins (Dance finals) which was paid to run Runcorn (Singing finals) (Runcorn made a loss) but managed to raise a small amount to pay off John.

Nick was slow in trying to distribute prizes as I believe when he was arranging them some of them fell through but he was finding alternatives. As we had not made a profit some of these prizes were being paid out of Nicks pocket. Prizes were apparently offered to all winners but one or two turned them down as not being suitable.

I resigned in February 2013 as a director because I didn't have the time I would have liked to spend help running FFS and concerntrated my time of my own business.

As Nick was still trying to sort out the prizes which took a little longer the facebook page Festival For Stars - The Unrewarded was formed backed by several old regional maangers and Judy Brunton.

Judy started a campaign of contacting venues that were currently booked for 2013 competition to cancel and contacting dance schools to stop them entering the competition. (Evidence that Nick Pamment has).

The facebook page started getting personal and I reported to facebook and two occasions to remove my name from the postings which were taken down. My name and current entertainments business was named and this caused distress to my wife and family as our address then became available. I have had sleepless nights over this and have not been eating which has had a strain on my personal relationship.

Nick commissioned a solicitor when it became apparent the site was becoming defaming but the solicitor wanted the newspapers to pick up the story so he could rely on their unbiased opinion. Unfortunately 3 newspapers would not publish a story and The Sun became interested. As soon as this was announced the Scottish paper wrote their biased view this morning although they were in recepit of all the fact by this solicitor.

Hope you understand all this?

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. It makes perfect sense but it is not my area. I will opt out for
another expert. There is no need to do anything or reply to this because the
thread is now open to all experts. It may be some time before an expert picks
it up but I can confirm that everybody can see it

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please cancel as I'll think I'll have to CAB instead.