29905560

hi , l had an accident at work and was taken to hospital by

Customer Question

hi , l had an accident at work and was taken to hospital by ambulance. I have applied for a compensation and the solicitors has written to them for a claim.

After the accident, an accident report was made. Now after receiving the claims letter from my solicitor's they have invited me for further investigation.

Do l have to attend this meeting of further investigation?

Hello, my name is Ben and it is my pleasure to be able to assist with your question today. Please let me know how long you have worked there?
You would be best advised to attend this investigatory meeting. It is likely to be considered a reasonable request by the employer, especially if the accident had occurred recently. Refusing to attend could amount to insubordination which is a potential disciplinary matter and this is something you would ideally want to avoid. Also the investigatory meeting is just that - your employer cannot take formal action against you in that meeting and all they can do is ask you questions about the incident to determine what actually happened.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating as that is a very important part of our process. Your question will not close and I can continue providing further advice if necessary. Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am self employed and not employed by them, is this still fine?

well it can still entitle your employer to treat this as insubordination but it just means that your rights will not be as extensive as an employee's, for example you will not be protected against unfair dismissal and the employer can terminate your contract simply by giving you notice and you won't be able to challenge that.

As your original question has been answered I would be grateful if you could please quickly rate my answer - it only takes a second to do. I can then continue providing further advice and answer follow up questions if needed. Thank you.