13262538

My ex partner left me suddenly 6 months ago and took my 9 month

Customer Question

My ex partner left me suddenly 6 months ago and took my 9 month old son with her. Since then , I have paid the correct amount of money, as guided by the CSA, but she only allows me to see him every fortnight for an hour in a contact center. I would like to go to court and obtain a court ordernto see him more frequently and to guarentee that I do see him regularly, but would like to do so without the use of a lawyer. Is this possible?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
What contact are you hoping for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I hope to see him once a week for an hour or two - and possibly having him stay with me over weekend when he is older because his mother already told me that she will refuse to have him stay with me overnight.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
he hasn't answered us within the time frame and seems too busy
Thank you for your query.
Is there any reason why she has insisted that you see the child in a Contact Centre
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire

She did not want me to come to her home, nor did she want to meet at mine. Furthermore she feels that she needs to be in a supervised place and physically be there as well - as she is very attached to the baby.

I think its to make things as difficult as possible. Even when we were together, she hated me interacting with him. She didn't like me talking him for walks or even pushing the buggy when she was walking beside me.

Does she remain with you in the Contact Centre all the time?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes - she doesn't not leave me alone with him - and often her mother is just in the other room

You can indeed apply to the court without using a Solicitor.
You already have the necessary forms and the fee is £200.
It is however important that when CAFCASS speaks to you (as they will prior to the first hearing) make it clear that you understand that contact will have to grow gradually - first for two hours WITHOUT the mother present, then taking the child out of the centre and having the child for longer periods of time until eventually you have the child overnight
This is an area where patience will certainly win you rewards as it will make her unreasonable attitude more obvious
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thats very informative - thanks. I live in West London. Which court should I apply to? - I haven't found any on line - the only one was one on The Strand. Can I go to any court or is it a specific one I should go to?

Your local Family Court is likely to be this one
http://www.rbkc.gov.uk/az/az.asp?orgid=798
but a phone call on Tuesday will confirm this!
Claire