i paid a lot of meney for my daughters wedding. i did not

Customer Question

i paid a lot of meney for my daughter's wedding. i did not recieve the service i was promised or menioned in gthe contract. 4 meetings with the event manager ensured me he will take conrol of everything concerning the event. this was not the case as a number of complaints were made to me on the day and i saw for myself too.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a specific question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to know how i can get compensation for the service not being provided fully at my daughter's wedding. 450 guests were invited and i was not happy with a number of issues raised on the day.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
i have just paid another £33, I WILL REQUIRE A REFUND ,if i dont get an anwswer as indicated from JUST ANSWER
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
What exactly was wrong? How much will you accept?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Below is a summary sent to the event manager

As requested from our meeting this morning, i am writing to let you know of a number complaints that were picked up and noticed by my immediate family and guests. Bascially i did not recieve the service i paid for.

There were issues with the lighting, heating and curtains as discussed. i have also spoken to Walthamstow Town hall who will be investigating further.

The original event manager you stated who should of been cordinating the event was not present, there was someone else in his absence. ( he surely was nor briefed or given a handover)

non presensce of uniformed waiters ( head turbans etc...)

There was no one to greet the guests as they arrived, as well as no serving of reception drinks on trays. A table was set on side with filled glasses and one plate of cocktail starters... not suffient for 450 guests!!

soft drinks were in short supply, there was no provisions made for sugar free drinks. water and very weak juice was on tables including in the morning when someone commented the juice ''it looked like piss''

chair sachs were not the colour requested and were not tied up properly and were falling under guests feet making it a trip hazzard. When my brother approached the waiter to sort out, he shrugged his shoulder and walked away.

there was no coordination between DJ , event manager, caterer about the itenary- Bride and groom were taken straight to cake for cutting, thus leaving them to delay in eating the starters.

Food was continously coming out cold ( i was promised that even without the candle lit karahi stands , provisions will be made to keep food warm.

there was limited food to tables, bowls were coming out quarter filled with guests asking for more and was told there was no more left.

The head table had only 7 seats instead of the 8 requested. Very embarrasiing!! Overall head table was not outstanding and noticable.

Water bottles were refilled out from taps

there was not sufficent supply of cake slices on tables, complaints were made of some tables not getting dessert because it has finished.

Menu cards were not put on all tables,- guests were unable to ask for specfic drinks upon request at table.

wine was not put on tables as requested in previous meetings for the english friends.

only one bar man - leaving guests queuing up for drinks.( should of been 4)

overall service was very poor and waiters were rude and un helpful.

there was definetly not enough food provided for the 450 guests and the whole venue was dissappointing. General comment on food was poor, not tasty, burnt naan ( not a varity as per promised)

Rice was not cooked properly, chilli paneer watery...All food cold

No amount of money can turn back time but would expect to get some kind of compensation from the £18000.00 charged by youself for a poor service.

I am continously recieving negative feedback, I will send you updates as i collect them.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Thank you. This sounds awful!

How much would you accept?

I have a figure in my head but want to know if we are in same ball park. Thanks