UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

i have asked the question, i am traveling to ukaine on sat

Customer Question

i have asked the question, i am traveling to ukaine on sat 6th/4/13 but am told that there is a red flag on my passpot so should travel or not. i have british passpotr
Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

I do not understand why there is a red flag on your passport. If you have a british passport then you should be able to travel in and outside of the UK without any problems.

If your passport will not allow you to travel outside of the UK and return then this would have been mentioned to you by an immigration officer or the passport service when it was issued.

You may wish to call the passport enquiry service to confirm just in case. What you may be refering to is an interpol arrest warrent. 611 Interpol Red Notices

An Interpol Red Notice is the closest instrument to an international arrest warrant in use today. Interpol (the International Criminal Police Organization) circulates notices to member countries listing persons who are wanted for extradition. The names of persons listed in the notices are placed on lookout lists (e.g., NCIC or its foreign counterpart). When a person whose name is XXXXX XXXXX to the attention of the police abroad, the country that sought the listing is notified through Interpol and can request either his provisional arrest (if there is urgency) or can file a formal request for extradition

I am not sure why you would have been issued with this notice. But if you have then yes you may have trouble returning and leaving the UK.

I hope this answers your question, if so kindly rate my answer positively. If however, you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question, please DO NOT rate my answer negatively, I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i trave in january to turkey and had no problems could not travel o

to u. s. will i be allowed to travel to uraine. and i was told at heathrow by american visa that their is interpoll arrest warent and how can i call border agency to find the way of remoing the red flag .

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what is the passport equirea services phone number and how do i remove this flag

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The United Kingdom border agency will not be able to assist you in respect of this, you would need to call Interpol or email them using the following link:

http://www.interpol.int/Forms/Contact_INTERPOL

You should inform them of your situation and they will revert back to you with an explanation an how to have this removed

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry but if i travel to ukaire will i be able to travel on sat or i will be stoped and if there is interpol arrest warreant then why i have not been advised. Home office told me that i should ring border angecy who will tall me weather i can travel or not and i need thire their phone number

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

This is something that is confusing , I am not sure at all why you have not been advised, maybe it is because they would not want you to become aware and then go into hidding.

The UK Border Agency number is as follows: 0870 606 7766 you may call them an enquire.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

please not that i am not been issued with the red notice. i only found out

last month that i could not travel to u.s.a because i was informed by the esta travel authorization at heathrow airport .i was told that dubia police had issued a warreant for my arrest . I am not a crimale and have not committed any crime . I need from you a solictors firm who will help me to sort this proble. I have tried ringing passport office and they said that i have a red flag on my passport and can tell me no more.Please advice what i should do as i have to travel for my health reasons thanks n

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply.

Yes in your case you would need to sort this issue out before you travel. You do not want there to be a case where you are stopped at the airport or upon your return. In this case I would recommend you use the following link to find a solicitor.

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/

I am unable to recommend a firm or act for you as per the rules of this website, therefore you should use the above link and call a criminal law firm and discuss your matter with them.

Expert:  UK_Lawyer replied 3 years ago.