How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Stuart J Your Own Question

Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22618
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

Hi, i need your help please. I am UK born but now live in

Customer Question

Hi, i ned your help please. I am UK born but now live in Spain, when i was living in the UK i brought a house with my then girlfriend. We split up over 2 years ago and now she wants to buy me out of our house in the UK, this if fine but for one problem. When i was younger 18-22 years old i got into money problems and applied for alot of credit cards etc i even forged her signature for a loan and a credit card for a joint account. These we all paid off 3 years ago but now she has a really bad credit rating because of me. I now want to help her but I am told the only way to do this is to got to the police and confess what i did, is this true? If I did this what are the police likely to do with me? I want to help but i can not get myself into trouble with the police. Advice please????? i have no previous convictions. please reply to [email protected]

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

When does her credit rating history turn good?

How long ago did you do this?

Is this UK credit we are talking about?


Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was around 4-5 years ago, I'm not sure when these will be deleted from her credit rating and yes UK credit rating, can you please reply to [email protected] as this is my work email and its not private
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Even if you confess this to the police, (and they took no action) it will
not increase her income for the purposes of getting a mortgage, so if your main
concern is her getting the mortgage, this will not assist

We cannot have contact outside the site and you will see that your email
address is already been removed by the system. Do you still want me to reply on

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice

Related Law Questions