12826847

personal security data held by a company sent via post does

Customer Question

personal security data held by a company sent via post does this break data protection
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo

unusual situation in short I'm disabled and have a company that attends to provide care as such I have key safe which holds my house key it is secured by a security code. question if this code is printed with my name and address and this paper is sent via post does this break data protection

Sorry but thats not my area then.

I will try to find you somebody else.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It is a strange one good luck finding someone

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm ok to wait it will still be quicker than me trying to find it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm ok to wait its still going to be quicker than me trying to find it myself

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Max Lowry replied 4 years ago.
Hello - I see the other expert felt this was not their area, so I will try and help you with this.

Personal data is defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as data from which it is possible to identify you as an individual. Is this possible from the information set out on the letter to identify you, I think it is from your description, but since this is important, I thought I should clarify with you?