12826847

I am about to be made redundant. My company issued a Works

Customer Question

I am about to be made redundant.

My company issued a Works Council notice stating that reductions in costs needed to be made due to the loss of a significant customers business. It stated that there may be a need to reduce costs in the sales team (my area) and possible redundancies may be needed.
It stated that they were entering a consultation process. One working day later i receive a personal letter stating that after consultation i had been provisionally selected.

I was invited to attend a further consultation to discuss possible alternatives. I was told before the meeting that all avenues had been explored and that they could not see a way forward other than redundancy.

i managed to delay this meeting until yesterday when it eventually took place via telephone. During the conversation only the top line facts that i already knew were repeated. A large account had been lost , cost savings needed to be met . I asked for details in order to try and offer alternatives but as no were forthcoming i found it very difficult.

It is very clear to me that they have made there minds up . I did not lose the account , a colleague did but i am being penalised. They state that they beleive that my area is mature and has less scope to pull business back from .

Is it worth putting up any resistance or should i just accept it ?