12826847

i recently paid a JBW bailiff £844 for a parking fine on the

Customer Question

i recently paid a JBW bailiff £844 for a parking fine on the 11th of JAN on the 17th i received a letter dated the 14th JAN asking for £554 pounds when i asked someone at JBW about this letter their excuse was that it was sent to their printing company before the bailiffs visit surely this cant be right
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO 1972

on the 11th of january a bailiff visited my home and demanded £844 for a parking offence which was committed along time previous this i had to pay or he would take my car i had to get in touch with JBW bailiffs for a breakdown of charges which they sent to me and they are as follows5 DEC 5th debt £172

DEC 5th letter fee £11.20

DEC 9th Levying Distress or attending to levy ATL fee £52

DEC 10thdistress but where no levy was made ATL fee £59

DEC 11th Levy fee £63

DEC 9th cost of appraisel Appraisel fee £20

DEC 9th For removing goods or attending to ATR fee £175

DEC 9th remove goods where no goods are

removed ATR fee £175

Where ditress is withdrawn or no sale takes place closing fee £5

making a total of £732.20 +112.04 VAT £844.24

Then after the bailiff visit on Jan 11th i received a Notice of Removal dated Jan 14th asking for the sum of £558.64 which i received on Jan 17th when i got in toch with JBW they said that the letter was sent out before the bailiffs visit i have asked how long before because i beleive i should of havd at least seven days to respond which means they must have sent it out on the 4th it the took 13days to arrive this cannot be write REARDS JAMES SMALL

Ok.

So how can I help with this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO 1972
Are these charges correct when he said he made these visits i was in my home my car was on the drive as i had just had a heart operation and was recuperating so if the car was on the drive why could he not levy on the days stated

It is always difficult to assess bailiff fees in this forum basically because they are always specific to the facts of the case.

However, you should bear in mind that if this is a parking fine that has gone to the bailiffs then the original fine would now be worth about £200.

There will also be charges for the initial letter and DVLA search to the tune of about £20.

The remainder here would probably constitute the bailiffs visit. Bailiffs visits are very expensive. They are probably charging for a clamp and maybe a towing vehicle. If they charged in the region of £500 plus for those actions then that would be about right.

On your specific point, its the initial letter that they have to give you 7 days to respond upon not the notice of removal.

However, I think a court probably would accept that there isn’t much point in sending out notices of renewal if you are not given time to act upon them. You seem to be saying that it went out on the 4th though and they are entitled to rely upon the postage.

You can sue the bailiffs if you think they have been overcharging generally or charging for phantom visits. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time that bailiffs have done that.

Hope this helps. Please remember to rate my service either OK SERVICE or above and then I will give you related information for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

FOR JOMO 1972 There was no clamp or towing vehicle and as i have said i would have been in my home when he visisted why did he not knock on my door

He is probably saying that he did.

Bailiffs do sometimes do this I'm afraid.