13262538

If I wanted to end my marriage of 4 months is it possible or

Customer Question

If I wanted to end my marriage of 4 months is it possible or do I have to wait for separation of a yesr. Can it be annuled as soon as posdible?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Thank you for your question I will do my best to assist.
I am afraid that in the Uk it is not possible to issue Divorce Proceedings until you have been married for at least a year.
You do not have to have been separated for a year - but you cannot issue the Petition until your first wedding anniversary.
It is possible to apply to annul the marriage at any time but the grounds are extremely limited - but are set out on the website here
https://www.gov.uk/how-to-annul-marriage/when-you-can-annul-a-marriage
These are very specific and would have to be proved
I hope this helps but please feet free to ask for more information
Claire