Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Hi, we live in a detached house on a rd of detached houses

Customer Question

Hi, we live in a detached house on a rd of detached houses summerfield place wilmslow Sk9 in east cheshire,uk. We want to split the house into 2 semidetached houses which would have separate deeds. A restrictive covenant devised in 1869 states"...should not nor would erected or build more than two messages dwelling houses adjoining or together in one block on the said there granted and released plot of land and also that any messages dwelling houses to be erected on the said plot of land should have principal faces or fronts whether or not entrance faces or fronts etc..."We are not sure of the meaning of 'plot'. Does it refer to our house plot or
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Covenants are always difficult to comment on in isolation. If you are able to attach a copy of your title it would assist greatly however I can comment generally if you can't. Would you let me know?

JACUSTOMER-nx0ct4rg- :

You said you would chat on line and you have not

Josh-2010 :

Sorry I am afraid I had to go into a meeting with a client. We are solicitors in practice so are not necessarily sitting in front of a computer all the time. If you could let me have a response to the above I will be pleased to assist.

Josh-2010 :

I am afraid I have another client meeting now so will not be available until later or tomorrow morning now. I can opt out if you require immediate assistance.