12826847

1. Two Original Contracts signed by both parties same time

Customer Question

1. Two Original Contracts signed by both parties same time same place and one contract each. Both say exactly the same.
2. Discovery documents for court case now in progress show one of the contracts has now been adjusted (amendment) with some relevant words crossed out.
3. The second parties signature has been forged next to the adjustment.
4. The second party denies signing the adjustment (amendment)

Required:- a case in English law that mirrors this situation, and the result of validity (or which one took precedent).
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

May I ask if this is a homework or essay question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The person did not read the question.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer.

Have you obtained expert opinion on the signature to prove it is a forgery?

AJ
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
The expert did not read the question.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
The expert did not read the question and request.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Good luck
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank You,

But let me explain.

I just need a reference in English law as a similar circumstance where the issue is one of two identical documents (contracts) has been adjusted (forged or disputed). Reference and Result.

The rest is immaterial...........

I did not mean to offend.

Dave

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Is it for an assignment?

We cannot answer accurately in total isolation unless you give full facts. That is why 2 experts have opted out.

This is matter of evidence not precendent

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

See item 2.

They did not "opt out" I said I would prefer not to have them advise because they like you did not read the question. See above answers

The evidence is exactly that. Two documents one of which has been modified. THAT is the evidence. See above

Handwriting is secondary evidence not primary evidence.

But again. Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

So which document will the judge believe is the true/applicable one?

Your replies have been silent thus far on the latter point.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As I said in the question, its for a current case. It is due to be heard in court in two weeks time.

see:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nicola,

I am happy to wait for another week or so..... then it becomes academic.....

Funny ............I thought many would have been able to answer

Thank You

Dave

Hello Dave,

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.