12826847

Question pertaining to military. Following the tragic death

Customer Question

Question pertaining to military. Following the tragic death of a military pilot (Red Arrows) an investigation was set in place by the police and military investigation team. At the time i was the chief engineer looking after approx 300 aircraft including the Red Arrows. I was one of a number that gave evidence at interview to the military investigation that is set up not to apportion blame but just to gather the facts. Subsequently informed that i stated something at interview that MAY be used to draw into question professional reputation etc. Do not consider any of my action had a direct bearing on the death so it must be relating to some other more minor observation. Was presented with the facts that could be relating to me with the offer to make comment regarding the conclusions the investigation team drew. It is an opportunity to put the record straight if required. Just finished compiling a 5 page response that has been proof read by a very trusted soul (engineer who knows me and the work i was undertaking at the time). Quest Do i present 5 pages or do i say nothing and risk that the conclusions they draw go unchecked?
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Is this document for the military police?

Are you actually being investigated?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not for the military police but for a military investigation to ALL the circumstances surrounding the tragic death technical, culture, try, heath and well being of the pilot. I am not being investigated i have just been issued a note to say there MAY just MAY be cause to question decisions i made.. Others appear to have been questioned by the civilian police I have not and i would have assumed if the role i played had any direct bearing serious enough to involve the police i would have been interviewd by now

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JOMO1972 Not for the military police but for a military investigation team who look at ALL the circumstances surrounding the tragic death technical, culture, trg, heath and well being of the pilot etc. I am not being investigated i have just been issued a note to say there MAY just MAY be cause to question decisions i made in probably offering support to the unit at the time. Others appear to have been questioned by the civilian police I have not and i would have assumed if the role i played had any direct bearing serious enough to involve the police i would have been interviewd by now

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Been waiting now 30 mins and had no communication at all