Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

My neighborough has completely ruined my wooden fence

Customer Question

my neighborough has completely ruined my wooden fence between our properties by growing ivy on it for which we objected for the last 10 years since our daughter was born. We have the right of access through her property. We have finally dicided to remove the ivy, asked permission to enter the property for garden maitenance and received the permission (though not in writing). We removed the ivy and under the ivy the fence was completely wrecked. The ivy roots are pusshing through the gaps in the fence and it is really is a wreck. She also raised the level of the garden soil and the soil is moving and pushing the garden boundaries by breaking the garden fence. What should I do? Now she is unhappy that I removed that ivy and the fence looks ugly and she claims that I never asked the permission. As I said I have got a right of access and the neighbour put the garden patio blocks on the level of about 25 cm in front of my garden gate which I and my children triped over several times and I asked her to kindly remove them. She claimed that she is very busy and does not have time and money for garden wall maitenance. When I told her that we are coming over for the maintenance and we will have to possibly remove some soil and bricks she said OK. We removed couple of garden pation blocks to free my access and now she claims that we have ruined her property though what she has done to my fence will cost me hundreds and hundreds of pounds in costs. Please, help!!!
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Did you pay for the fence to be erected originally please?

Josh-2010 :

If not can you prove the fence belongs to you?