12826847

pcn

Customer Question

Hi i have lived at my address for over 30 years over the last 2 years the council has targeted my(our) cars on almost every weekend in the mornings when they know everyone is at home and parking is scarce, so some cars have to park with two wheels on the pavement which has a half tarmac surface which was done 10 years back to assist with the extra parking needs of the estate, in the same borough, which is Hounslow this same type of parking is not ticketed with a PCN. from the research i have done you cannot have different rules in the same borough. I also found out that should a council wish to change the rules they need to put up signs 6 months prior to indicate these intentions, no such signs have ever been put up, nor are there any signs or road markings not to park in these clearly indicated parking areas. could you tell me if i am correct as i have a PCN almost each week which is about 27 now

HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

FOR JOMO1972

You can have different rules in the same borough.

Do you deny parking with wheels on the pavement?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we have been parking on the pavement which was partially tarmac for the last 30 years, there are 5 parking bays for 27 flats, the council knows this and only come at the weekend when everyone is at home

So on these occasions were you parked on the tarmac?