Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

A Hong Kong Chinese tells me of an intestate will for a

Customer Question

A Hong Kong Chinese tells me of an intestate will for a substantial sum of money by a man who bears the same name as me, both forename and surname, but is said to have died 5 years ago. This man tells me he knows all about the case and offers to share the sum if I will cooperate. The Bank of China will eventually pay me what I am owed withi 2-3 weeks if I cooperate fully. Is this a well known money making scam, and is the an extradition arrangement between Britain and China? I would have to claim relationship to this unknown namesake. Robin Husband.
PS. the correspondent said he managed to get my name from a British organisation in Hong Kong.
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.
Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Are you based in the UK or HK please?

JACUSTOMER-5oboci1r- :

UK

Josh-2010 :

Thanks. Have you been asked to pay some sort of release fee or disclose personal information yet?

Josh-2010 :

I presume you were contacted by email?

Josh-2010 :

Would you like to continue?