12826847

Hello, My ex wife and i divorced 2 years ago and i have been

Customer Question

Hello, My ex wife and i divorced 2 years ago and i have been paying all the mortgage and debts alone since Nov 10. I now have to sell the house due to the mounting debt and my ex beleives she is entitled to a large amount of the equity. I was willing to come to a settlement after the debts were paid, but she wants a percentage of all equity.
Could you please advise on the legallities of equity sharing when one party has not paid their dues.
I will do my best to assist but need further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
What debts are there and was any financial agreement reached at the time of the divorce
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the reply.
The house is being sold for 225,000 outstanding mortgage 193,000 fee's are around 5000. i Have emails stating that the 5000 pounds given to my ex already (around april 11) is all she will ever want i had a clean break order drafted but she did not sign it or ask for amendments. I tried contacting her via various means with no reply. The debts are around 23,000 all from the house refurbishment. i also put the 5000 pounds deposit on the house.

Are the debts in joint or sole names?
How long did you live together?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Debts in are my name only. We lived together for 2 years in this property but 4years total. 18months of which were in cyprus where i was the sole earner.