12826847

my sister and his son bought a car on finance.the v5 form in

Customer Question

my sister and his son bought a car on finance.the v5 form in her sons name but car insurance in her name. car stolen and a claim filled . but insurance company refused to pay because they are saying it is not legal to have the v5 form in his name and the car insurance in her name. is it legal or not to have this way of process .
HI.

Thank you for your question . My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all i want to know is, do insurance companies legally have right to refuse the stolen car claim because the v5 form is on his sons name but the insuring the car in her name and the finance is on her name as well. regards.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.