How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 22624
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street Practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I asked for a revised statement but they have not responded

Customer Question

I asked for a revised statement but they have not responded just sent the summons!
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
Have you paid the account apart from £106?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, the missed instalment before the adjustment is o/s. I expected to receive confirmation of the correct amount before paying.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

That in this goes to court, they are going to win I think in this goes to
court on these facts, they will get judgement.

I think the best you could hope for would be to do your own calculation
(although there is a duty on the council to provide you with an up-to-date
statement) and pay them everything except in respect of the three weeks when
the property was uninhabitable.

It really comes down to whether you want to spend a day in court for the
sake of £100 whether that time is more valuable to you.

Remember that this is small claims that you will not get your costs back
even if you win although sometimes the judge will allow some out-of-pocket

However I think your defence is substantially flawed based upon the maths