12826847

non advised ppi sales do the the sellers have to assess the

Customer Question

non advised ppi sales do the the sellers have to assess the suitability of the product to the purchasers needs
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have taken abank to the the small claims claiming that my ppi was missold in their submissons they claim because it was sold on a non advised basis they didnt have assess the suitablity of the policy i was self employed and excluded from uneployment cover under the terms of cover

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

well do they have to assess the suitabilty of the policy while operating on a non advised sale

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

Did you go to them to buy the policy?

I am not certain what they mean by non advised because the phraseology we always used is "execution only".

I need to know how you came to buy the policy.

Has it been to court? I need full background please. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dear siir since 2005 the selling ppi insurance has to be done on an advised basis prior to that it was sold on an non advised basis iclaim
that the policy added to my credit card account without my permisson and i have strong written evidence to support this but should the court rule that i did agree are the defendants under the duty of care responceable to assess the suitability the policy advised or non advised i am in court on 12/4/2013

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

It can still be purchased on a non advised basis.

I still need to know the full curcumstances as to how you came to have this policy. Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on dec 18 2000 i took out a credit card with gecb the credit card gave me the option of having ppi added to my credit card agreement but required my signature to comfirm my agreement i declined yet 5months the ppi was added to my account the defendants claim that i had a telephone conversation with them and i agreed to the ppi to be added to and my account it several years before i relised i had policy i did not agree to and could not claim on my action against is within the six year time rule

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on dec 18 2000 i took out a credit card with gecb the credit card gave me the option of having ppi added to my credit card agreement but required my signature to comfirm my agreement i declined yet 5months later the ppi was added to my account the defendants claim that i had a telephone conversation with them and i agreed to the ppi to be added to my account it was several years before i relised i had policy i did not agree to and could not claim on. my action against the defendant is within the six year time rule

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

I have no knowledge of PPI reclaim is going back 13 years so I will opt out
for another expert.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

dear sir my policy was taken out 11 years ago up until i took my action the cause of my action agrued five years and eight months since the the date that the policy was added to my account my action against the defendant was within the the time limit under sec5 of the limltation act all i wanted from you was an answer to my original question

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.