12826847

I recently tried to hire a electrical multimeter from a

Customer Question

I recently tried to hire a electrical multimeter from a company called livingston rental hire company (http://www.livingston.co.in/). Over the phone they quoted me £22 a month which I could just afford. So I jumped at it. I was horrified when the item arrived to find that the actual cost turned out to be £75 a month. I was more upset because I had already signed the contract without reading. I can't afford £75 a month. They are now asking for £183 as there is a minimum hire charge.
I am a recently retired soldier living off my pension I can't afford to pay this, what can I do?
HI.
Thank you for your question . My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
How long have you hired it for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I was going to hire it indefinately. I think it was hire to buy scheme where they calculated the depreciation after a period th then it becoming yours. I had it for 5 days.

Ok. But does it allow for cancellation?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Jo,

Yes, it does allow for cancellation but there is a minimum hire charge.

How long have you had it ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OMG! are you a bot???? unbelivable

Opting out.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Repeated questions made me realise that there is no-one actually sending me texts. It's just a "bot" service. What a rip-off.