12826847

Can a parental figure ask to pay back money they used to educate

Customer Question

Can a parental figure ask to pay back money they used to educate you because you made a life decision they strongly opposed to?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A great aunt brought me to England over 10 years ago from Africa, as I was doing well in school. She helped train me with some help from others but the lion share from her. We had a very good relationship since and she was very proud of my as I did very well and graduated as a medical doctor 4 years ago. I meat a guy who I love and propose to get married to, but she has strong objections, about his tribe, about him not being a professional, and lots of things and the situation go ugly really. We have tried our best to reassure her, but she said I could not possibly marry him and got uncles back home involved and I have been threatened to end the relationship several times. When i explained I am am adult that its us not them who decides she got very upset, that i should pay her back £100,000 for all she used to train me and she wants it by the end of this month.

Thats the summary.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
So she gave this money unconditionally but as she doesn't like this new man, she wants it back?