13262538

My partner cheated on me with a female work colleague last

Customer Question

My partner cheated on me with a female work colleague last year. We have since resolved things but I have written evidence that the entire thing was instigated by this woman and I also have written proof of her calling me names and making up false allegations about me. I did not retaliate at any point and let matters drop. I recently found out that she had a new boyfriend and I sent him a message through facebook. I did not make anything up I just gave my opinion on his new girlfirend and advised him about facts I have of her promiscuity. He has since replied saying I am lying about everything and have no grounds to say any of these things. He has advised he is going to take legal action against me for compensation under the Harassment Act 1997.
Could you please advise me if he has any grounds for this and what I should do.
Thank you in advance,
Patricia Ryan
I will do my best to assist you but need some further information first
have you only contacted him this one time?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes this is the first time I have ever contacted her boyfriend. I did send an email to the lady my partner cheated on me with when I found sexually explisit emails from her but again I did not threaten her and was not abusive towards her I mearly wated to know why she would do this.

Thank you for your help.

Provided you make no further effort to contact this man then what you have done is not Harassment.
It may not be wise but it is not harassment and he cannot make any claim against you.
It is however important that you make no further attempt to contact him in any way whatsoever - not even to reply to this threat (or any others that he makes)
If you require any further clarification or information concerning this please do not hesitate to ask
Claire