Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Need help I went into a business and was told to pay 15,000

Customer Question

Need help I went into a business and was told to pay 15,000 for a nine year rent I then had the space in there where I was trading unfortunately I have had to leave due to being bullied when I approached the business owner and asked for some of my money back she said that it did not matter if I was there 1 week 1 month 0r 1 year she would not give me my money back or are of it I started trading in there on 19022012 she gave me no contract but I transferred the money to her bank account what can I do please advise
Expert:  Joshua replied 4 years ago.

Josh-2010 :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Josh-2010 :

Do I understand correctly that you had no lease please?

Josh-2010 :

Did you have exclusive occupation of the premises?

Josh-2010 :

Is there anything in writing at all to evidence your agreement?

Josh-2010 :

Did you agree a right to assign the lease?

JACUSTOMER-hjshxq2w- : No lease however she and I signed a letter to say I would be there nine years and that the 15000 was for that I occupied the front of the shop however now she has moved someone else in my space not even a day after I left so I feel she was bullying me to make me leave
Josh-2010 :

Thanks. Did you have exclusive occupation of the space or was this a shared space please?