12826847

My Uncle (now deceased) was trying to claim title of ther family

Customer Question

My Uncle (now deceased) was trying to claim title of ther family land in Northern Ireland by section 49 adverse possession. He was the youngest of 13 children all born in Scotland to Irish parents. He somehow managed to get a grant of administration stating he was the only surviving relative of my granfather and claimed 13,000 pound in estate money. My grandfather did not leave a will. The subject land is 18.9 acres in Donegal. My uncle with the help o9f an aunt and the understanding of the family was claiming rents from the land and when called on this reluctantly gave small amounts to some siblings. We found out 3.5 years ago that he was claiming sole possession of this land. My mother is the only surviving child of these grandparents. We are having difficulty with the land registry office as we are trying to get title so that the land can be sold ans shared with the respective families. My uncle's daughter is now seeking sole possession. My uncle never set foot on the land.